Field Service Technician
We are looking for a full-time field service technician. The field service technician will be responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, and modifying controls in automated systems. You must be self motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision. You will be interacting face to face with Toric’s customers and must possess strong listening, communication, and trouble shooting skills. Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Do you meet the Requirements ?
- Perform installations, start-ups, repairs & calibrations as needed.
- Train customer in proper operation and maintenance of control system.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control and safety circuits using electrical schematics and electronic test equipment.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks (cleaning, tolerance checking, current measurements, point-to-point check-out, UPS function, alarm operation, sensor operation/calibration, program back-ups) and thoroughly document all actions including reason for actions taken, parts used, labor and travel time.
- Provide technical assistance over the phone or internet to diagnose customer issues.
- Determine how existing systems operate identifying problem areas and suggesting upgrades.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes and proper documentation.
- Promptly and accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Obtain customer signature on all service work orders and parts deliveries.
- Properly use and maintain company vehicles reporting mileage and scheduling maintenance.
- Provide Sales Team with leads.
- Rotating on-call schedule for after-hours, weekends and holidays.
- Attention to detail and ability to execute verbal or written instructions
- Customer focus
- Desire to learn and grow
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good listener
- Interpersonal savvy
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve knowledge, efficiency, quality and service
- Priority setting
- Solving Problems
- Time management
• Understanding of low voltage control circuits and three-phase power.
• Ability to interpret Electrical Control Drawings, Service Manuals, Blueprints, Mechanical Drawings.
• Able to contact appropriate technical support and work through problems.
• Ability to build or modify a control system utilizing correct parts per control drawings.
• Must be able to logically think through a problem with reasoning and analytical problem solving.
• Understand, troubleshoot, repair and program (VFDs, HMI displays, PLCs, networks, radios, auto dialer)
• Ability to identify, maintain and add SCADA system function.
• Maintain all supplied tools and parts inventory.
• Proficiency in the use of hand, power, and specialized measuring tools.
• Be competent in Microsoft Windows-based computer operation and MS Office Suite.
• Excellent customer relation skills to convey technical issues to non-technical people.
•High School diploma or GED
• Associates degree in Engineering Technology or previous work experience considered.
• 3 to 5 years related experience.
• Have and maintain a clean driving record with a valid Indiana driver’s license.
• Able to climb and work at heights of 150 feet or more.
• Lifting requirements of 75 lbs from ground to overhead.
• Neat and clean appearance with proper attire and required safety items.
• Some training will be provided and ongoing as needed.
• Some overtime is expected as required by service being performed and may include weekends, holidays, after hours and over night